CentrumCSR.PL Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit civil society think-tank based in Warsaw, Poland.
Since 2006 we conduct independent research and build expertise for a well informed society, aware of the impact contemporary production and consumption patterns have on Poland, Europe and the World.
We advocate for a fair and inclusive economy, respect for human rights, the natural environment, consumer rights and greater corporate accountability.
- research (corporate strategies and public policy analysis, field missions)
- conferences, seminars and trainings
- reports and publications
- public advocacy, policy recommendations and media work
- national and international networking
Through our investigations and recommendations we have positively contributed to improving social and ecological standards of business and public institutions.
We believe in a multi-stakeholder approach, working with civil society organizations, trade unions, public institutions and policy makers.
We engage in a constructive dialogue with the private sector, but we do not accept funding from companies to ensure independency and integrity of our work. We want business to have a positive impact on working and living conditions throughout its entire value chains.
Networks and partners
We are affiliated with the following networks:
- Grupa Zagranica (Polish NGDOs platform)
- European Coalition for Corporate Justice
- Good Electronics
- Stop TTIP
Among our partners we have worked with are: the Independent and Self-Governing Trade Union Solidarność (Poland), Friedrich Ebert Foundation (Poland), Ethical Trading Initative Norway, Det Norske Veritas Business Assurance Poland, Setem Catalunya (Spain), FeLSA CISL (Italy), Danwatch (Denmark), Weed (Germany), Südwind (Austria), SOMO (the Netherlands), People and Planet (UK), Facing Finance (Germany) and SODI (Germany).
Our advocacy is based on our own research. We have unique skills in watch-dog activities of both the public and private sector. We carry out primary and secondary research, including field mission studies in Poland and abroad. We collect and process data from desktop research, IDI’s and FGI’s as well as quantitative research.
We closely follow national and EU agenda developments related to corporate social responsibility, public procurement and international development.
Our main areas of expertise include:
- corporate social responsibility, business and human rights
- sustainable public procurement
- international development
Over the past years we monitored corporate behaviour of more than 200 largest Polish enterprises, which is the largest ongoing Polish CSR-monitoring programme. We also follow Polish foreign investment.
We have monitored social and ecological clauses in more than 2,500 public procurements in Poland, which makes it one of the largest such projects in Europe and gave us unique expertise on the issue of sustainability of the Polish public sector.
- foreign direct investment (FDI) and special economic zones in Poland
- banking and finance
- outsourced technical services (private security and cleaning)
- electronic manufacturing services
Capacity and resources
In our office in central Warsaw we employ a team of 5 experienced, bilingual in-house researchers and activists. We have a broad network of approx. 20 collaborators in Poland and in Central and Western Europe representing civil society, trade unions, academia and media.
We have 10 years of experience in managing projects funded by European Commission (EuropeAid, Progress), EEA Grants, Polish Aid, Polish Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy. Our financial reports are subject of annual independent auditing by chartered accountants.
We are open to cooperating with other civic society organisations and initiatives. If you think we share a common goal – feel free to contact us!
- 28.11.2016: Piskalski and Kozek comment on public procurement and human rights in Poland
- 12.9.2016: The CPS Dialog Bulletin on sustainable Public Procurement
- 1.9.2016: CentrumCSR.PL Foundation at the Economic Forum in Krynica
- 11.7.2016: CentrumCSR.PL joins the „More than Energy” movement
- 1.6.2016: CentrumCSR.PL Foundation and NSZZ “Solidarność” trade union jointly give “yellow cards” for bad public procurement
- 25.5.2015: Networking for human rights and social justice
- 1.4.2016: Report on corporate social responsibility of the biggest public companies in Poland published in English
- 31.3.2016: 70 people from 11 countries discuss the future of sustainable public procurement
- 1.2.2016: How to progress sustainable public procurement? We went to Norway to find out!